Friday 17 October 2008

WW, Allotment & Progress



It has been a busy week. I went to WW in banstead and weighed in - Lost 2lb was really chuffed. I have now become a helper and in 4 weeks will stop paying for weigh in because i will then get it free. I also got asked to be a leader. Just need to get down to 10st 8lb before i can apply!




Rose has been going to honeybees in the afternoon for a few weeks now, she has settled into school in the morning and the 2 afternoons a week in the honeybees class seems to be going OK. The only snag is she is very tired when she comes out and is usually throwing a tantrum before we get out of the school gate. In fact as I type she has fallen asleep on the sofa - hard work being 3 years old!




I have designed the new allotment plot and all i need to do now is put the plan into action. I have started taking the top off the grass this morning took me 2 hours to get a small strip done, i was very disappointed in myself. Jamie is helping me tomorrow to get some done and hopefully i will be able to rotovate it Sunday morning. With that in mind I can possibly go and buy the wood i need on the Monday - if not i will buy it next weekend and just pile up the beds during the week. I have also got to buy some thick weed suppressant to stop any weeds growing whilst the beds are overwintering!




This is my plan:








This is what the allotment looked like before we started:





I shall take more tomorrow to show what progress we have made.

I am going to grow my garlic in tubs this year, next year we are buying plug plants instead of doing seeds because we canot go through all that waste again!

No comments: