Monday 27 October 2008

It rained all day yesterday so i didn't go up the allotment. I went up there today after going to B&Q to buy a sieve. I raked over the plot again and put all the weed roots into a black bag with holes, I will burn all of that as soon as i can. I deliberated with buying an incinerator again, still not sure if i can justify buying one. I do need some black plastic though for the big compost heaps i seem to have made!

I ordered my onions and garlic from Defland nurseries a week a go and chased them up today, they should be here by Wednesday, so i should have them planted by Thursday afternoon. I ordered the 10 bags of compost and they should be delivered by early next week. Jamie should of made the other 3 beds by then too. I just need to order the permeable black weed suppressant to cover the beds until spring, and the paths in between. I am thinking of laying cardboard or newspaper down on the paths in the meantime.

I also joined Abel & Cole again so i get used to the seasons again and i am going to try new veg like Salsify and Kale and globe artichoke so i know whether to grow them or not.

Took pics today but want the next pics I put up to be the finished beds!

No comments: